Saturday, March 5, 2011

SETC 2011

It's wrapping up now, and I'm about to get a good night's sleep before driving home tomorrow. I did want to share one idea that struck me during the keynote speech by Ben Cameron, Program Director of the Arts at the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation. Among many gems, Cameron said that the future and responsibility of not-for-profit theatre is "Epic imagination with intimate encounters."

YES!

That is exactly what it's about.

His keynote address was moving, and inspiring. And I want to write more about it and something that Triad Stage's Preston Lane said last week. For now, though, I'm going to focus on getting home in one piece.

Oh, PS, I did not win anything in the design competition, but my paper presentation went very, very well. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment