Friday, August 26, 2011

Procrastination

Okay, if Josy is reading this, I promise I'm doing work.

No, seriously, I've been putting off Cherry Orchard stuff like I just don't have a deadline. For the record, I do have a deadline and it is Monday afternoon when I drive to Antioch for the first read through.

This is pretty par for the course for me. At UNCG I put off doing work until the last minute too. It was this weird desire to feel rushed and stressed in order to get stuff done that I think grew out of my busy, hectic life in high school and, especially, Grinnell.

And now that I have nothing else to do but this design, I am sitting on my hands and dragging my feet. (And watching lots of stupid TV on-Demand.) One of these days I have a feeling that this is going to bite me in the butt. Fortunately there isn't much more that has to be done with the design. The prelim drawing was approved, I just need to get a floor plan together and working drawings from which to build. And since there are only 4 set pieces, which are all identical, I think that will be pretty easy.

In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts on putting a chandelier on a traveler?

No comments:

Post a Comment